Friday, July 27, 2007

Government Brilliance at Work

Today I wanted to take a picture of the rain outside my front door. It was quite a downpour. I was happily snapping photos when I noticed this. The sheer brilliance of my city workers who make sure that the new park sprinklers they installed this month work rain or shine.

The city recently sent us a letter telling us that we all need to work together to conserve water. My family can sign up, it said, to be part of an effort to save water this summer. It had a list of how many gallons of water we can conserve by taking shorter showers and turning off the water when we brush our teeth. We can also buy low flow toilets and only water our lawn once a week. Looking at these sprinklers watering the park in the middle of a thunder storm I realized exactly why our city needs it's citizens to conserve water. Our tax dollars at work, folks.

No comments: