Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Cleaning the Monster

We finally washed our two ton tomato today. I took my courage in my hands and reached down into the dark area next to our front steps under the bushes and pulled out the hose. I wiped the spider webs and small bugs off it and the faucet. (the horror, the horror!) Then we got a step stool and washed our enormous van.

I'm embarrassed to admit that we have not washed it since we bought it back in March, (or was it April?) instead letting it build up its accumulation of dirt until I could not see out the passenger window and I was sure that the vast amount of crud must be affecting the aerodynamics and therefore the fuel economy. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it was very dirty.

I needed a step ladder to wash the top half of the windows (forget about reaching the roof!). The girls and I worked hard while Daniel talked to his mom on the phone. Oh, did I mention that they told us that we have a new nephew? Daniel's brother Ben has a new baby boy, Nehemiah Elliott! I'll post details when he emails us a photo.

No comments: