Thursday, July 26, 2007

Documenting their Work

Since I've been on the subject of planning and filing homeschooling materials, I thought I'd mention this idea. My girls write letters to family and friends for handwriting and spelling practice. (You might notice Gloria's interesting spelling of the word, "where" in this photo.) It's also good for helping them to organize their thoughts and ideas before writing them down.

What I wanted to share, though, was that when my kids do work like this, it gets sent away. So, I can't file it. That's why I take a photo of it or make a copy of it. Today I ran their letters through the copy machine, then hole punched and filed the copies. Then I mailed out the originals. At the end of the school year I'll be able to look back and see how their handwriting, spelling, and general writing skills have improved. Not to mention how cute these are.

No comments: