Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Church Crew

We had a troop of eight to try and get ready for church on Sunday morning. (We made the boys take their baths the night before!) I braided alot of hair! I gave Sarah one of my dresses, and I have to admit she looked better in it than I ever did. I'm just not cut out for flowers, I think.

I love having the Caulkins girls at our house because it helps me to get an idea of what it will be like when we have a house full of kids all the time. I've learned that I need to plan in advance, get up early, and try to make time for each kid. It's also a challenge having such a wide age range in the house. One minute I'm spinning the little girls around and pretending to be a big piece of spaghetti with our arms linked as we're crossing the street. The next minute I'm up late watching a movie and having deep discussions with a teen aged girl who has a hundred questions and needs someone to just sit and listen for an hour or so.

I'm so glad that all the girls seem to like coming to church with us. Even their mom says she's glad they are going and that we can keep taking them. Hurray! I know that God has brought the Caulkins family into our lives for a reason. Maybe it was partially that He knew we all needed some good friends!

No comments: