Friday, May 25, 2007

Suburban Life

Have I mentioned how much I love living here? From the age of 7 to adulthood I lived in a trailer out in the country. Until I was 11 we didn't even have a neighbor closer than a mile away. I absolutely love living in a real neighborhood. I LOVE being able to walk to a grocery store, fast food, or just to a neighbor's house.

Yesterday, on a whim, we decided to take a family walk to McDonald's for dinner. We have multiple walking trails near our house, multiple parks, lots of stores. And yet we're far enough away that I don't feel like I'm in the heart of the city. There's a hill near our house where we can stand and see the mountains and the city of Denver and all it's suburbs spread out around us as far as the eye can see. It's amazing to me. As a kid all I could see for miles was waving grass, some trees, and a whole lot of cows. I'd say the view has improved.

No comments: