Friday, May 04, 2007

It Matters!

You may think this has nothing to do with homeschooling or our family, which is what this blog is all about, but on the contrary, it has everything to do with those things. I want freedom for my family, not "Uncle Sam" breathing down my neck, telling me where my money should go and monitoring me for political correctness while at the same time failing miserably to protect our borders and giving up on their duty to stop terrorists and protect my family and our country because the war against them has become tedious and unpopular.

Next year we will vote for a new president. I want a president who will stand up for what is right, who will fulfill his oath to protect our country, and who will not try to increase the already burdensome taxes on the people. I want someone with hope and a vision for the future of our country, who isn't full of animosity and despair. I'm praying for a president who loves God, will protect unborn children, and does not have any desire to control my family, but rather knows that what benefits individual families also benefits our country as a whole. The only potential candidate that I see with the character, conviction, and common sense to fill that high office is Fred Thompson. Here is just one more reason I hope to have the opportunity to vote for him.

No comments: