Monday, November 05, 2007

Icecream and Photos

We went to Sam's today to print some photos of Latte so that I can make a new scrapbook album of just her. She was looking through our family albums with me this morning and wanted to know where she was in all the photos. She was so excited when I showed her the pictures. She kept saying, "That's me! And that's me!" We had icecream and pretzels while we were waiting for the photos to be printed.

I'm hoping to have some time to work on the album this afternoon before Latte's caseworker comes over. This will be her first visit to our home, so we're also trying to make sure that everything is clean and neat. We have visits scheduled for almost every day this week with all the different caseworkers, CASA worker, and Latte's bio mom. It will be a crazy week!

7 comments:

April said...

It sounds like you guys will have a fun and busy/stressful week.
I'm sure you will do great when they all visit.

The album sounds like fun!!! Maybe she can even join in for it and maybe do some inked handprints or write her name or make you a drawing for it. These guys love stuff like that---I always ask myself why I don't do it more often with them. Maybe her bio mom might even let you make some copies of any pictures she might have. Who knows? I know everyone is different and I do not know this situation but maybe???

Glenda said...

So you all will be very busy. It sounds like 'Latte' is adjusting well. Excited to see you all later this month.

Jess said...

She did get to help me assemble the album. My kids always like to help tear the tape and put it in the corners of the paper and photos. Sometimes I even let them use ink pads to ink the edges of the paper. That can get messy, though.

I will probably hold off on asking her mom for any photos until she knows me a bit better. I did ask for and got a photo from Latte's former foster mom. We showed the album to her caseworker, and guess what? She's a scrapbooker, too! She loved it! We gave her a photo of all the kids at the pumpkin patch to put in her album.

christina said...

im so glad she is settling so well. i hope through allthe craziness this week you can all enjoy each other. I want to scrapbook. i need toget some copies of lattes pics so i can add them to my album of you guys speaking of which i dont have hardly any pics of kevin if you have extras can i have some wheni see you this month please.

Jess said...

What we may do is bring CDs for everyone so they can print their own pics. We are very short on funds this month and any extra will be used for the trip. I did a photo shoot with Latte yesterday that came out beautiful!

Anonymous said...

A cd for christmas would be cool hint hint. I'm so jealous that you all get to see each other. I wish I knew before the tickets got so high.

Jennie

Jess said...

Well, technically, we are just making plans at this point. We won't know if we can go for sure until we get final approval from DSS to take Latte across state lines. We are hounding her caseworker about getting that done for us.