Thursday, June 14, 2007

Resources for Homeschooling

A few friends of mine have asked recently if I would email them links to my favorite homeschooling websites. I've also heard Daniel tell people that if you read back through our blog that you can find links to all the materials we use. This is not entirely true, of course, since we use some things that we found at yard sales and in various other places. But really, who wants to scroll through two years of posts to find what workbook someone recommends?

So for your convenience I've added a handy dandy list on the right hand side of this blog (that I will update occasionally) of all our favorite resources. I will not post anything I've tried only once or that I heard about but haven't ever used. It will only list our absolute tried and true favorites. Also included is a link to the Oklahoma State Department of Education website where you can read a detailed list of all the recommended skills and subjects your child should learn in each grade. We use it at the beginning of each year to get an overview of what to teach and at the end of the year to see if we missed anything along the way. If there is anything you'd like to know about that we've mentioned using, I'll be happy to add it to the list, just let me know!

No comments: