Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Karaoke!

After the reunion dinner a few friends and I went out to Brannigan's in Stillwater to spend a little more time together. It was my first experience with karaoke. I can't say it was pretty, but at least we had fun. We were singing "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon at one point and I thought of a line from that movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" where the main characters are singing that same song. Their friend says, "Drunk and tone deaf... not a good combination."

We were looking through the song list and choosing which songs to sing. We wanted to pick songs from "our generation", but really what is our generation? We grew up in the 80s but we graduated in 96. It was actually difficult to remember when the songs we liked were written and then find ones that we all knew the words to. Daniel very kindly took lots of photos and short videos (which I've promised not to post on You Tube). It was a really fun night, but now I miss having girlfriends that live nearby even more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your dress. Very Marilyn Monroe. Too cute you look great.

Jennie