Thursday, June 07, 2007

Double Trouble!

My mom and my Aunt Kathy taught my sister and I to double dutch when I was a kid. For those of you who don't know, that means that you jump rope with two ropes at once going opposite directions. We bought two long jump ropes in Colorado right before this trip and brought them with us. When I told Mom and Aunt Kathy that I wanted them to go outside during the birthday party and teach the kids to double dutch they thought I was kidding. Nope!

Everybody, even the adults, tried it at least once. I even have video of my mom jumping! She and Aunt Kathy were remembering the old jump rope songs they used to sing as kids and Aunt Kathy made a few up right there on the spot while the younger kids were jumping. All the kids loved it! That had to be one of the best parts of the whole party!

No comments: