Thursday, October 26, 2006

Walking Off the Weight!

Woohoo! I did it! I broke past the 180 lb. mark!! As of this morning I weigh 179.8 and I am so thrilled! Daniel challenged me a few days ago to see who could lose 5 lbs. first. The winner gets $20 to spend on whatever they want. He started at 150 and I started at 182. So far I'm winning by a pound!

To what do I attribute my current lead? I've been running up and down the stairs 10 times in a row every day (twice today!) and doing sit ups, push ups against the wall, squats, leg lifts, and as of yesterday lifting hand weights. We've also been taking walks every couple of days. Today I also helped build a snowman, which is a work out! Try bending over to roll an ever increasing weight around the yard and then lifting it and carrying it to stack it on top of another giant ball of snow.

Kevin has been helping me with my exercise. I stand over him and do toe touches and knee lifts. Each time I bend down I make a silly face and he laughs and babbles at me. It sure makes working out and stretching more fun! Beyond my 5 lb. goal I'd like to lose 10 pounds by my birthday. That means I've got to lose 8 lbs. in the next 4 weeks. I think it's attainable if I stick with my current routine. We'll see!

No comments: