Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Can you hear me now?"

I love this picture of Kevin! He looks like he's talking on the phone. He's getting better control of his hands lately. We've been giving him all kinds of things to hold onto. He likes to shake his rattle. He can even grab the side of his swing now (the big one that converts into a high chair). He also has a fierce grip and likes to pinch the under side of my arm when I hold him, OW!

His favorite thing lately is trying to sit up. If I rest him against my knees while I sit on the couch with my feet up on the coffee table, he tries to lean forward. He loves it when we hold his hands and help him do sit ups. I think he'll be sitting up before Thanksgiving.

He also likes to play "peek-a-boo". If I hold his blanket up in front of his face and say, "Where's Kevin?" he'll reach out and yank down the blanket. Then he just laughs and laughs! He really likes it when the girls or I drape our hair over his face and tickle him with it, too. He tries to catch it in his mouth and bats at it with his hands. He is especially good at kicking. I'll lay him down on the couch next to me and he'll kick me in the thigh really hard. If you startle him though, he'll cry so hard that he literally shakes. But if you can distract him and make him laugh he'll completely forget that he was ever mad.

No comments: