Friday, October 13, 2006

Kevin Behind Bars

I'm glad to say that my son is finally behind bars! He has been consistently, and contentedly, sleeping in his own bed this whole week. The last several days he even slept solidly from 12:30 am to 6:30 am. My body is still trying to adjust to the extra sleep I'm getting.

It's weird that he would sleep better the week that he's sick. What's even weirder is that the last two nights he has been scooting across his crib and sticking an arm or a foot out between the rails. I can't tell if he's doing it on purpose or not. Yes, I know he's sleeping on his belly and not his back in this photo. He just won't sleep on his back for more than a minute or two. He startles and thrashes and it wakes him up, furious. Worse than that, I'm considering putting in a bumper guard to keep his limbs inside the crib. I know, it's one of those "back to sleep" campaigner's nightmares. I think we may have to take our chances though.

No comments: