Monday, October 02, 2006

See Jessica Play!

If ever there were a posed photo, this is one! It was the only way Daniel could get a photo of me up in the bleachers at my high school, sitting with my band and playing. When everyone was actually playing I would just be one more bell in a sea of brass horns aimed at the field.

I sure had a blast playing my instruments and sitting among the other trombone players. Kelly, sitting to my right, was a senior when I was a freshman. His old handwritten slide position notes were still on the sheet music we played! There was a female trombone player there 16 years older than me and another one that was 12 years younger than me. I've always thought it was fun and unique to play an instrument that is usually dominated by male players.

We played the Notre Dame fight song and of course the National Anthem. We also stood up, just the trombones, and played a long sliding glissando following the path of the ball when it was kicked. It was alot of fun, and I still didn't understand a THING about what was happening on the football field. Just like old times!

No comments: