Sunday, September 09, 2007

Practice Parenting a Crowd

Taking Sarah, Shannon, and Anna with us to church gives us a little bit of experience with bringing a large group of kids to church. It's good preparation since we hope to adopt a large sibling group.

There are so many little things that you don't think about before trying to shepard a big group of kids. For instance, trying to get everyone to the bathroom, or through a doorway, or finding seats together in church. It takes more time to load and unload the vehicle, and you also have to look in 10 different directions at once to make sure everyone is still together and no one is running out into the parking lot alone.

Granted, Sarah and Shannon aren't little kids, so it's not quite the same. However they do both try to talk to me at the same time while the little ones are tugging on my shirt or begging to be held. It can seem crazy at times, but it's strange how, in the midst of the storm, I still love it all. I like being "Mom". It's good to feel needed and I think I was born to organize. Daniel always takes it all in stride and comes in to scoop a kid out of my arms just in time when I'm getting overloaded with things to carry and kids to help. It's amazing to me how God knew that we'd make such a perfect parenting team. I don't mean that we are perfect, lol. I just mean that we seem like two parts of a whole. God is good. Life is good.

No comments: