Sunday, September 16, 2007

Little Princess

Our first foster child ever arrived this afternoon. Her name starts with a "P" so I'll call her Princess for privacy reasons. She is absolutely beautiful. Her regular foster family seems wonderful, too. We get to keep her until a week from tomorrow. She looks a lot like Gloria did when she was born, only smaller. Blue eyes, spikey dark hair. I forgot that great baby smell. She's only 8 weeks old, but she looks around and smiles a lot.

Already I've gotten to change her tiny little diaper, feed her a bottle, and hold her until she fell asleep. Her foster mom says she only sleeps about five hours at night, so this should be a fun week, lol. We also will be taking her to see her family a couple of times this week. It will make the time with my dad a little crazy, but we're so happy to get to love her to pieces for a week!

Kevin is a bit mad at this interloper and tried several times to push Princess out of my arms. I tried to hold them both and he wrapped his arms around my neck while using one foot to try blocking me from the baby. It's good that Daniel is here so that we can take turns trading babies.

9 comments:

I have a good life said...

What a blessing and a challenge all at once. She is a beautiful baby and very lucky to have you for the week. I would definitely trust you with my kids and I don't trust many! :) Good luck with the sleep thing! :)

Jess said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that my biological dad is driving up from Florida and will be here tomorrow morning with his wife to stay a week with us!

And thank you! I know it's got to be hard for foster parents to hand off the baby to a virtual stranger. Hopefully they were reassured in the 15 minutes or so they got to come into our home and talk with us.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How fun. I hope you enjoy. You look good in the pics.

Jen

Kimmie said...

Hi Jess;

wow, Princess is tiny! Have fun and enjoy your time with her...praying that you will impact her life and those her life is intwined with!

blessings
Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Jess said...

We weighed her, and Princess weighs 10 lbs! That's the same size Gloria was when she was born! I knew she reminded me of Gloria, but that's just strange how they are the same size. Of course, Glory was born weighing 10 lbs and Princess is already 2 months old. She's so petite!

Stacy said...

She's beautiful! What a treat to get to have her in your home and love on her for a week!
~Stacy

Sarah said...

awww she is cute. i cant wait to see her sunday.

Glenda said...

How fun. Interesting opportunity for Kevin too it sounds like. I will pray for good night blessings. Presious little ones.

christina said...

how wonderful! what a neat time in life! how is it going now?