Friday, September 07, 2007

Krispy Kreme Field Trip




Today we took a field trip to Krispy Kreme donuts to watch how they make donuts. We never eat there, so this was a real treat for the girls. I think it's been about 2 years since Daniel and I've been there. They read the info on the window that talks about each step of the process and were fascinated by all of it. They loved the "icing waterfall" that the donuts went through.

They especially loved getting to eat one of "their" donuts hot and fresh. I guess after watching those donuts work their way slowly through (we came as a new batch was starting) they felt sort of propietary about them. They also enjoyed wearing the hats and picking out a few special donuts. Later I took them to a playground and we played "donut shop". Gloria was the baker and had so much fun making and selling us imaginary donuts!

4 comments:

Glenda said...

What a delious field trip!

Sarah said...

The joys of homeschool. What public school would do that? If we are lucky we will get to go to a museum and spend the whole time anwsering questions on a peice of paper. except when we graduated the 8th grade. Im tell you one of the MANY resons god introduced me to your family was to teach use that I NEED to homeschcool my kids when I grow up.

Sarah said...

the word USE at the end on my commet should be ME. and at the end of the fourh sentence down the word TELL should be TELLING

Jess said...

lol, Sarah on the grammar corrections. While you're at it:

homeschool
reasons
answering
piece
and God with a capital "G" of course!