Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Waiting at the Library

This is sort of the extent of the "kids' area" at our local library. There are a few racks of books and a table. I'm hoping that soon they will get the funding they need and everything will fall into place for them to expand.

We were waiting here yesterday around 4:30pm because it was Tuesday and Fazoli's Kids Night doesn't start until 5. We're trying to limit ourselves to only eating out on that night (because of the $1 kids' meals) and on Sundays after church.

The girls each got two books, and I found two for Kevin. I love the Usborne books in the "touchy-feely" series like "That's Not My Tractor!" When I handed "That's Not My Dinosaur!" to Kevin he just laughed excitedly and started feeling the textured spots on each page. They are board books, and Kevin seems to instantly know where he should feel them.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

Sorry about the kids' section at the library. The library is one of our family's favorite places. We go at least twice a week and we frequent a variety of libraries around here!

Your trip to CU sounds like a lot of fun. Your living room looks very livable and clean. It is always calming to have a clutter-free room!