Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter 2007!

This year is a special Easter because it is the first year that we've celebrated since Danya became a Christian! We've had lots of talks about her faith and obedience to God lately. I love that she has a heart felt need to know God more. She loves that she's figured out that if she asks me to read the bible to her, I never say 'no' or 'not right now'.

The kids are wearing their new Easter outfits in this photo that I took this morning before church. Originally I had bought the girls cute fluffy white skirts and 'peasant blouses'. Unfortunately, I bought them too big. That's what I get for not having them try them on sooner. So we got them new dresses at Kmart yesterday.

This morning the three of them woke up to Easter baskets filled with surprises and giant 1 pound chocolate bunnies. Then they searched the living room for plastic eggs filled with candy, erasers, and tiny "Lisa Frank" notebooks. Even Kevin found an egg that was hidden at ground level! Then we drove to church in the snow. Yup, it was snowing on Easter! Right now the girls are finally getting to color their eggs at 8 o'clock at night. We're going to crack the died eggs this week and glue the pieces to a cross for an art project. Daniel says it has multiple meanings: Christ's body was broken for us, for one.

Happy Easter! He is risen! God is good!

No comments: