Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Ultimate Homeschool "How To" book

I've been hearing about this book: The Well Trained Mind and finally broke down and bought it. Yes, it was a little painful to spend $30 on one book, but I can honestly say it is absolutely worth it. I got it yesterday, have already read through the first six chapters, and am extremely impressed with how down to earth and useful the information is.

Since we became homeschoolers a little over a year ago I've been searching for exactly this type of information. Now I hear others who are stepping out into the wide world of homeschooling asking the same questions I asked and never got answers to all last year:

"What curriculum should I use?"
"Where do I start?"
"How long should I teach each subject per day?"

Those and so many other questions are answered with very simple language and DIRECT answers, which I was unable to find anywhere else. It's alot like the other day. Daniel and I looked through several books at the bookstore about how to build a good website and/or blog. We found about five different books that gave general advice, but only one book that gave us step by step directions. This homeschooling book does exactly that.

Seriously, get the book. You'll be glad you did. (okay, now I feel like an infomercial)

No comments: