Monday, August 21, 2006

Don't Underestimate Her!

I learned a lesson this week. Never underestimate your kids. I haven't been working with Gloria on her reading. She had started reading small words and extremely easy books earlier this year and then we all got caught up in the moving process and she got lost in the shuffle.

I've noticed that she sounds out words everywhere we go, and she spells phonetically. Yet, I just assumed that she couldn't read more than very simple words. So when we were at the bookstore the other day I told her she couldn't have the "Biscuit" books (about a dog) because the words were too hard for her. Then she sat down and read an entire "Biscuit" book out loud to us. She showed us that she could read that book just fine.

Of course we bought her the books. This picture is of her up in Danya's bunk bed reading out loud to her big sister while Danya points to the words. What can I say? She's not your typical four year old! And we wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: