Friday, August 11, 2006

I AM AY PRSIN

Gloria is loving being able to write. She sounds out all kinds of words and writes us cards and letters and signs that she hangs around the house. This card reads "I am a person. I say hello."

We are letting her participate in the local 4 yr old program for about two weeks before we move. I'm considering it more of a sort of temporary summer camp, then actual school, since she already knows everything they hope to teach. She will enjoy the arts and crafts and the music times, though. I like that the 4 yr old program isn't affiliated with the public school. I also like that she won't be there long enough to worry about them teaching inappropriate concepts at Halloween.

Glory brought her new teacher, Mrs. Jensen, a paper with some of her writing on it. She was ecstatic when the teacher actually hung it up in the classroom.

No comments: