Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One Month Photos

My baby boy is already a month old! He is so amazing! He can lift his head and flop it around to look in different directions. I love it when he does that while I'm holding him against my shoulder. He'll look up at me with the best expressions.

Sunday night Daniel bought me a book that explains how to take really great baby photos that look like a professional could have taken them. The advice can be summed up fairly easily:

1. Get extremely close up
2. Keep the background simple
3. Turn off the flash and use natural light from a window
4. Snap photos like crazy, don't think about it, just do it

So I set up a little photo shoot next to my living room window yesterday. I draped a plain blue blanket over Kevin's car seat and set him in it close to the window with the morning light coming in. Then I took 150 digital pictures. Yes, I said 150. I turned off the feature that lets me view each photo after I take it, so there'd be no delay. The whole process took less than 30 minutes and I got some AMAZING photos. They turned out so great that this morning I draped a brown blanket over the back of two kitchen chairs and did a photo shoot of Kevin and Daniel together. I'm hoping to take photos of the girls later this week!

No comments: