Saturday, March 15, 2008

Starting a New Band

This isn't the world's best photo of me, but I appreciate Daniel trying to get a picture of me practicing. This Thursday I went to the first rehearsal of the new Thornton Community Band that is starting. I'm playing second trombone with another female trombonist.

I was really nervous about not being able to keep up with this band, but it turned out to be perfect for me. Just challenging enough to be fun, but not overwhelming. The other players all seem really fun and friendly. Everyone was so happy to be there. We sounded surprisingly good for a first rehearsal. Our new director is great! I've been practicing every day. I know this new band is going to help me grow as a musician. I came home from practice Thursday night dancing and just gushing to tell Daniel all about it. He's been so great about encouraging me and helping me make time to practice. I know I couldn't do it without him.

No comments: