Saturday, March 15, 2008

Friends in Strange Places

Sometimes you make a new friend in an unexpected place. I met Dawn at a scrapbooking Friday night crop (or was it a Saturday?). She is going to be starting her homeschooling adventure this year with a 4 1/2 year old and two 3 year olds.

We've been trying to plan a day to get our kids together, but it's been challenging to say the least. Since the day I met her I've run into her twice more, once at our district Republican caucus and again at the scrapbook store. She invited me to attend a homeschool book fair, too, where she got to meet two of my daughters. I got to meet her three girls at the caucus.

Finally, this week we managed to pull off a playdate with five of my kids and her crew. They came over, had lunch with us, and played at the park since it was such a beautiful day. I also got to show her all my fun new curriculum materials and talk about our homeschool some. Did I mention that our new Sonlight materials arrived the other day? I should make a separate post about that.

No comments: