Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Chick Flicks and Chocolate

Since this blog claims to be an "inside look" into our family I thought I'd share something personal. Once a month I get knocked down hard for about a day and half. This means that Daniel has to step up to the plate more than usual, handling meals, bath time, bedtime, and getting the kids up for the day.

I still have to function somewhat and sometimes, due to unfortunate timing, I even have to drag myself off the couch and get the kids to appointments. Whenever possible, though, during those times when my guts are killing me and I feel (in the immortal words of my mother) like "death warmed over", I try to stay in a horizontal position, stuffed with Advil, and focus on the only surefire cure...chick flicks and chocolate.

No comments: