Saturday, March 15, 2008

Buzzin'

Wednesday night after our church band's practice, I brought Penny, Danya, and Gloria up on stage to see where I sit and meet the other brass players. Penny was really excited to meet our trumpet player, Mark. She wanted to run home and try out our trumpets when I told her that Mark had loaned us a couple. She is usually away at school when Danya and Gloria are doing homeschool, so she didn't even know we had trumpets.

This is a picture of the three of them practicing buzzing into the mouthpieces. They all had so much fun this week "playing" their trumpets downstairs while I was playing my trombone upstairs. I enjoy seeing them start to understand music in a deeper way. I still remember learning to read a treble clef scale when I was 7 1/2. They are definitely not to young to learn. Danya is also enjoying her continuing guitar lessons with Anna. Penny wants to take piano lessons, but since I can't afford that right now, hopefully she'll stay excited about the trumpet.

No comments: