Daniel left us today. He's off at a men's retreat that our church is having up at Estes Park. We're all feeling out of sorts without him. He's having a great time. I got a call from him around 10pm tonight. He was about to go bowling. He'll be back Saturday afternoon sometime. Since I'm missing him terribly I thought I'd make a list of a few things I love about him:
1. There isn't a household job he isn't willing to help with.
2. He takes out the trash and pumps gas in the car because he's a gentleman.
3. Every time I complete a scrapbook page or post on my blog he takes the time to read it and say something encouraging or helpful.
4. He's confident enough to play Barbies with our daughters.
5. He still holds my hand when we walk together.
Sometimes I actually feel guilty. It seems to me that I got the good end of the deal when we got married over 11 years ago. It's absolutely true that I do not deserve such a wonderful, compassionate, passionate, funny, gentle, forgiving guy and it's a fact that I would not trade him for the world.
Inside facts you may not know about my Sweetie:
1. My nickname for him (besides "Sweetie") is my "Hunka hunka burnin' love man".
2. He has an enormous mole under his hair...so the shaved bald look would never work for him.
3. He's extremely good at all racquet sports like Ping Pong, Raquetball, and Tennis.
4. He does a great Donald Duck impression.
5. He can crochet. His mom taught him how.
6. He sings in the car.
7. I was his first girlfriend.
8. He doesn't really have any hobbies, but wishes he did.
9. He has worked in the same field (telcom) for almost 13 years since starting right out of high school.
10. He doesn't snore, but his nose whistles when he sleeps.