Thursday, October 18, 2007

Then I Saw Her Face!


"Then I saw her face,
now I'm a believer.
Not a trace
of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldnt leave her if I tried."
-by The Monkees

We went to the meeting at our county DHS today. When we dropped the kids off in the daycare room our little girl was there already! I can't believe that I didn't see her at first! I didn't get to see her until it was time to leave. She's beautiful!!! She has thick wavy light brown hair and her skin looks like coffee with lots of milk in it. She's tall for her age and built like our girls.

Danya and Gloria didn't even realize it was her. When I picked them up, Danya said, "Mommy! That little girls' name is *****, too!" I told her quietly that this was OUR little ***** and she turned and looked at her with wide eyes like she hadn't just spent an hour and a half with her. I think I'm going to call her "Latte" on this blog since she made me think of the coffee and milk that my mom used to bring me when I was sick in bed as a kid. It's a word that conjures a good, warm, homey kind of feeling for me.

We met her current foster mom and her case worker today. They both seem to care about her and have her best interests in mind. We will hopefully get to really meet her and talk to her for the first time either on Sunday or Monday. It sounds like the county will pay for us to get a hotel room in the town she's living in. That way we can visit her the first day, stay the night, and visit again the next day. Her case worker wants her to get a chance to spend the day at our house once before coming to stay permanently. God willing, she could be officially ours before next summer!

3 comments:

christina said...

congratulations!!
i cant wait to see pictures!! and come see you all.

Anonymous said...

I hope latte works out


JS

I have a good life said...

How exciting! I wish you could post pictures of her on your blog. I'd love to see her!