Monday, October 22, 2007

My Brown Eyed Girl

I've always wanted a little girl that looks like me. All of my kids so far have been blonde and blue eyed like their dad. Latte has beautiful dark brown eyes even darker than mine. I think I'm going to let my natural hair color grow back now that I won't be the "odd man out" in our family.

Latte is interested in the kids. She played Barbie's with Gloria, figured out the ketchup dispenser at McDonald's with Danya, and "discussed" ice cream and video games with Kevin. Daniel she isn't sure about and seems surprised when he talks to her or tries to help her with anything like, for instance, her melting ice cream cone that was about to run down her arm.

She and I, however, seem to have really hit it off. She swam with me, let me wrap her in a towel and carry her to her foster mom's car, demanded that I push her higher on the swing, and talked about all the interesting carousel animals in the pictures on the wall at McDonald's. We both liked the giraffes. She even got upset when I said goodbye at her front door tonight. I had to assure her that we would be coming back tomorrow to play some more. I think this is going to work out beautifully!

2 comments:

I have a good life said...

Latte looks like she is gorgeous. I wish I could see her picture. I am glad that these first encounters have been so positive. What a blessing.

Jess said...

I thought I had your email, I must have emailed a picture to the wrong person. If you send me yours I'll send you a picture of her.