Sunday, October 07, 2007

Curly Top and The King!

*PHOTOS REMOVED*
Sorry, I've been informed that I can't have pictures of the foster kids up unless I get permission from their bio parents.

Last night at almost 11pm this adorable sibling pair arrived at our house in an emergency placement. They'd been at DCFS for hours while the caseworker called around looking for a family who could take them on last minute notice. For privacy reasons on this blog I'll call them Curly Top and The King. They are fantastic kids! I think Curly Top looks like Daniel's sister, Jennie, and The King looks like my brother, Ricky.

Curly Top is almost 2 1/2 and The King will be 1 on Thursday. They've only been here a day and already they seem to fit right into our family. The placement worker said that this could possibly turn into a foster-to-adopt situation. We'll have to wait and see, but we'd love for them to stay! We're also hoping to hear this week about another possible foster/adopt placement of a 3 1/2 year old girl that they called us about last week. If they all end up with us then we wouldn't need to look for a sibling group after all!

Today was crazy because we had to get the kids up by 6am and out the door so we could pick up our babysitter, Sarah, and be at church by 7:30am. That's an hour earlier than usual because today was my first day to play with the praise band during Sunday morning worship. It was so much fun! Daniel let the girls stay in 'big church' for the first half so that they could hear me play. He said he could really hear the trombones strongly. Curly Top and The King did great in Sunday school. The King gets to be in the same class as Kevin since they are only 3 months apart in age. We took everyone out to McDonald's for lunch and all the kids get along so well! Pray with us that everything works out in the best interest of these two wonderful little munchkins.

2 comments:

christina said...

they are so adorable! i will pray the best for all. i cant wait to see hoe this all works out. give all the kids love for us!

Anonymous said...

wow, I wish I could have seen them. I hope it works out.

Jennie