Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mi Sobrina!


We have a new "sobrina"! That means "niece" in Spanish. Monday we went to Daniel's parents' house to see her. Her name is Darla Shalom, but they call her Shalom, pronounced 'shu-lome' with the long 'o' sound. She is absolutely beautiful! We also got to visit with her daddy, Daniel's younger brother, Ben and his wife Diana. Diana is from Mexico so I got to practice my Spanish, which I found out is sorely lacking. This is their first child and they are already wonderful parents. I really loved holding Shalom, even though it made me ache to hold a baby of my own. She was so good, never crying and letting us all pass her around, not minding all the kids touching her and crowding around. Daniel's mom is watching 5 of her Maxwell grandkids while their parents and their new twin brothers are on a trip to Europe! I hope we can get all the cousins together to take one giant group photo when Shalom and the twins are a little bit bigger. Ben and Diana have decided to become full time missionaries to the interior of Mexico in Zacatecas!! I'll post a link when they get their web site up and running. We are proud of them and will be praying for their family.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Congratulations Auntie!

*krystyn* said...

She's very cute. I'd be interested in knowing where they are going for the Missionary work. I was a volunteer in Central Mexico for 1 year -in the state of Michoacan.