Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Betsy's Birthday!

For Betsy's birthday she and I went out to Chili's restaurant for dinner. We had a blast! Our waiter was very good considering he said it was only his 7th day on the job. Betsy and I became friends when she and her husband, Mike, visited our Sunday school class. We found out that we are close to the same age, both have 2 daughters close to the same ages, and both will be homeschooling a Kindergartner this year! Betsy is so much fun to know! She has a great sense of humor. I love hearing her tell stories because, like me, she gets really animated. She's also got a lot of skills I envy! She's a wonderful gardener, home decorator, and chef. These are all skills I seriously lack, lol! We are alot alike in other ways. We both will attack a new subject by researching it until we fully understand it. We both like routines and schedules. We both, although in different ways, enjoy scrapbooking, too. I'm so glad that I have a friend to talk about homeschooling with who is starting out just like me. I think "this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!"

No comments: