Sunday, December 28, 2008

Spotted with Santa

We took the kids to Fazoli's kids' night on the Tuesday before Christmas. They were having a Santa photo shoot. I got the opportunity to try out my early Christmas present. Yes, since Circuit City was going out of business and Daniel found my dream camera on sale for about half of it's usual price, he bought me an Olympus E-520 DSLR. It's quite a step up from the high end point and shoots I've been using the past few years. It's going to take me a while to figure out all the cool things it can do, so my photos aren't going to look nearly as good as they should for a while.

In this photo of Danya with "Santa" at Fazoli's you can see by clicking on it to enlarge it that she has mysterious red blotches on her face and neck. Later that night at around 9pm I was putting the older kids to bed when we discovered that Danya's entire torso was covered with these red marks. I got my next door neighbor, Marge to come over and stay with the kids (who were all in bed), and I took Danya to the emergency room. It turned out to be an allergic reaction to strep throat. That brings us up to three kids taking antibiotics for strep now. That same day we had also picked up new prescriptions for Gloria and Kevin since the Amoxicillin they were on wasn't working. I'm just glad we got everyone to a doctor before they were all closed for Christmas.

No comments: