Thursday, October 16, 2008

For Keeps

We found out some great news this week. Snow White and Brother's mom and dad have both told their caseworker that they want to sign over their parental rights so that we can adopt the kids! Of course, nothing is ever fast when the government is involved, but the court hearing is at the end of this month to start the ball rolling to make the kids legally free. It's exciting and nerve racking all at the same time, worrying that something will happen to change things.

I explained everything to Snow White yesterday. She's very happy that she gets to be part of our family forever, but also sad about the idea of losing her first family. We're not explaining things to Brother because we don't think he'd understand what it means really. He comes up to me constantly and lays his head on my shoulder saying, "Mom" and I get a real sense that even though he may not understand all the concepts involved, he has adopted us as his parents already. We're hoping and praying that everything can be finalized right around the same time that baby Katie arrives in February. Even though I've misplaced my camera card so can't post any photos, I wanted to let everyone know the big news!

9 comments:

Mrs Thurston said...

Yay congrats! That's excellent news.

Dreama's Thoughts said...

YAY CONGRATS!!!!! Im so happy for u I will keep praying for you. Sounds like u still have a long road ahead.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! This is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.

Luke Holzmann said...

Way cool! May everything work out smoothly, and may you have grace for when things don't.

~Luke

cami said...

Wahooo! What wonderful news!

And Katie is a great name, too! I must have missed the announcement you were having a girl. How exciting!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for your family!

happyadoptingmom said...

Congratulations!!!!!
P.S. Once they become preadoptive in a few months you may be able to start homeschooling them. Make sure to ask:)

Kristy said...

I don't know you, but I've been on TwoPeas and I read your blog. I am a homeschooling mommy, too.

Congrats on your great news!!! I'll pray for you and your family.

Oldqueen44 said...

This is great news. I hope things go smoothly and that they don't take too long. My daughter is going through the same thing right now. But we seem to have one delay after another. However God's timing is perfect, so we wait and try to be patient.