Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Accidental Entertainment

I had to drop some books off at the library on Saturday so we spent a fun morning stopping by yard sales as we headed that direction. Just by chance when we went in we saw that a puppet show was starting. Daniel and the kids watched it and said that it was very good. This photo shows a "baby chimpanzee" puppet.

Meanwhile I was off in the stacks searching for some grown up books. I found some books on tutoring that I think will be helpful with learning how to teach our future foster kids. I found out with Penny that it's a whole new ball game because A)It's different when you haven't worked with a child and known their learning style since they were tiny and B)It's more difficult explaining concepts based on homework that doesn't come with instructions.

No comments: