Monday, July 24, 2006

Status Report: 2 Weeks

In case you were wondering, Kevin is doing really well. It's amazing how much better he sleeps when Daniel is home. When Daniel was working this week Kevin would stay up for 30 minutes to an hour after eating and then wake up an hour before his next meal time. So I was scraping by on about 4 hours of sleep a night. Last night was his first night off of the week and Kevin slept like...well, like a baby. I completely understand, though. I sleep better when Daniel is home, too.

We weighed Kevin by stepping on our digital scale while holding him, and then again not holding him. He weighs about 11 pounds. Which means he's putting on about a pound a week. Ironic, since that's exactly how much I hope to start losing. Two weeks is the date I set myself to start monitoring my eating again and to get back onto the Weight Watchers plan. Last night, in my closet, I found 2 pairs of jeans, 3 pairs of shorts, and a skort that I fit into again. Yea! No more maternity pants! Today I weighed myself. I'm at 186 pounds. When I started Weight Watchers and became pregnant at the same time last fall I was at my highest weight ever, 206. So, the way I see it, I don't have any "pregnancy weight" to work off. I'm already ahead of the game!

The really nice part is that Weight Watchers gives nursing moms an extra 10 daily points. Not to mention nursing Kevin is like getting a little workout each day without having to get off the couch! Ha! For that matter, even lifting Kevin is a workout. Did I mention that this boy is HEAVY? He eats every 3 hours since we are following the Baby Wise method like we did with each of our other kids. All three of my babies have been speed eaters. I've read that other babies nurse for 10 to 15 minutes per side. Not mine. They are done in 5 minutes per side. No wonder I ache. How he manages to eat enough to put on that much weight while eating that quickly, I'll never know.

No comments: