Monday, July 03, 2006

Teaching Tennis

Danya convinced me to buy kids' tennis raquets recently. So Daniel and I took her to the local high school's tennis courts. We had her practice hitting tennis balls up against the wall for a while. Then she tried hitting balls that Daniel served across the net. Finally she practiced serving and actually managed to get it over the net several times. They actually volleyed the ball a few times!

Danya got a little frustrated with having the two of us both trying to teach her how to play at the same time, but enjoyed playing and says she wants to go again. Daniel and I spent a few minutes playing before we left, letting Danya shag balls for us. Unfortunately I jumped for a high ball and overstrained my muscles a little. I decided that maybe being 9 months pregnant, I should postpone any more tennis practice for a while.

No comments: