Friday, October 21, 2005

Writing Review

Today we had a review of the letters we've been learning with "The Writing Road to Reading" book. I have to remind myself that it's awesome that they are writing so well and their letters don't have to look like mine (not that mine are perfect). The girls both did really well. I didn't show them how to write the letters. I just put the list up there and they had to finish the row for each letter. We left the letters up all day so that they could show Daddy when he woke up. We also spent time reading out of the girls new bibles. Danya can read hers all by herself! I just hope that her Sunday school and Awanas teachers approve of it. They recommended a bible that was sort of a mini-version of an adult bible, but Danya can't read that yet and having that many words per page is discouraging at her age. We'll happily buy her a new one next year if she's ready for it, but for now this one is just right. She read the story of Abram and Sarai and Lot from her bible, and then I read the same story from my bible so that we could see the difference. They only left out a few minor details. We didn't originally intend to get Gloria a bible, but she wanted one so much. We figured, if you're going to spend a little extra on something, what better than a bible for your child?

No comments: