Friday, October 21, 2005

Block Heads!

The girls invented their own little block people today in the living room. It's amazing the amount of stuff they think up and create when I'm not trying to micromanage some sort of craft or art project. They build elaborate cities, tents, puppet theatres, you name it. Today they even made a workbench and tools out of blocks! I try to encourage them and let them know that I think their creations are special by taking pictures of each one. Danya made the yellow girl on the left. Gloria made the frowning boy on the right. I think Glory likes to do things like give her people frowns just to see what kind of reaction she'll get. I try not to act surprised and just agree, "Yes, he does have a frown. What a creative way to use that curved block!"

No comments: