Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Masks!

Today we were doing some catch up work since I've been sick the last few days and going lightly on home schooling. We did some work on shapes today and colored some masks made from shapes. Then the girls got to make their own masks from brown paper grocery sacks. They did great with this. I didn't give them any advice really, just let them go crazy. They came up with some wild masks! Since they made them, they've been creeping up on me all around the house. Then they jump up and yell, "BOO!" I clutch my heart and squeal with fright and they burst out laughing. We're also going over their Awanas verses today since they have to say them tonight in class. I plan to start reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" to the girls today. We've already read the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia series "The Magician's Nephew". I'm hoping to get through all of them by the time the movie comes out in December. This morning Daniel emailed me about the Oklahoma Scottish games http://www.tulsascottishgames.org/ which will be in Tulsa this weekend. So we are going to read about Scotland this week and make the Scottish games a field trip at the end of our studies. That's the plan anyways. But then "the best laid plans of mice and men, often go astray", lol. We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Great masks and great idea!