Thursday, September 22, 2005

Dirty Story

Here's a dirty story with a clean ending. It's shameful, but true. We let our van go without a wash for about two solid months. It was getting so bad that I'd make Daniel back the van out of the garage so I wouldn't have to scoot past it and risk getting my clothes dirty. I didn't even want to open the trunk to put groceries in because the hatch was so dirty. We've traveled to visit Daniel's parents who live in a semi-rural area, collecting even more dirt...and yet STILL we did not wash the car. I was starting to feel like "Sara Sylvia Cynthia Stout who would not take the garbage out" from that Shel Silverstein poem. Click here to read the poem: Sara Cynthia So last night, after dropping the girls off for Awanas at our church (late, but that's another story), we got gas, aired up the tires, and finally finally went through the car wash. Oh, and of course (some cute inside info about our family), Daniel kissed me when the van windows were covered in soap. It's a tradition that we've done our whole marriage. Makes me wanna wash the car more often!

No comments: