Friday, June 24, 2005

Poison Ivy

This week has been full of ups and downs! Daniel's parents took the girls for Sunday and Monday nights. While they were gone Daniel and I went for a bike ride, played tennis, rented video games (Shrek 2 and Demolition Derby), watched movies, looked at homeschool materials at a book store in Tulsa, and went out to eat a few times. I can't even describe how great it was to just have some quiet time to focus on each other. We also got caught up on a few things. Daniel mowed, I wrote out a lesson plan for this week, and we did the grocery shopping.

When we picked the girls up on Tuesday afternoon we found out that their Grandma had been doing quite a bit of homeschooling while she had them. She played math board games with them, read them stories, taught them to play dominoes with their great-grandparents, and took them swimming. They even stopped on the Keystone Dam and watched the water being let out! I was happy as a clam to realize that I could count those days towards my homeschooling total! They certainly showed me that grandparents can take an active hand in their grandkids education.

Wednesday night Daniel and I taught Danya's 4 yr old class at church. They are having a summer of missions. This week we taught them about missionaries our church supports in Hawaii, Bobby and June Duffer. Near the end of class, while waiting for parents to pick up their kids, I played London Bridge with them. It got a little wild and I managed to strain the muscles in my back. I also realized the next day that I had picked up poison ivy on my foot at Daniel's parents house. So I've been laid up, hardly able to move for two days. Daniel really amazed me. He jumped right in and took care of everything. He even followed my lesson plan and taught the kids before and after his sleep time. I can't thank God enough for giving me Daniel!

No comments: