Sunday, June 12, 2005

Danya's Pre-K Graduation

Danya graduated from the Owasso 4 year old Program in May. At first they said she couldn't attend the graduation because we hadn't bought the $10 hat. The day before the event I had a talk with her teacher and she said that Danya could borrow a cap so that she could participate. Danya did great! She sang "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" with her friends. She wasn't a bit shy this time! She sang loud and did all the motions. We were so proud of her!! Here are two shots of her merged together that were taken during the performance.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It was so dark in the Owasso high school auditorium that most of our pictures came out blurry. These were two of the not so bad ones. She has been very excitedly telling her friends and classmates that she gets to start Kindergarten in June. They don't really believe her because they don't understand that homeschool Kindergarten is still Kindergarten. I just found out today that one of the little girls in her Sunday school class, Lillian, is also a homeschooler!! I got her mom's phone number so hopefully we will be able to schedule fun stuff to do together. Danya is happy and I am relieved that she will have a friend that is also available for activities and trips during "school hours" when all the rest of her friends will be in public school. This makes two little girls her age that we know now who homeschool!
Congratulations Danya on graduating Pre-K and starting homeschool Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so cute! I'm so proud of my niece and I know that you will do a wonderful job teaching them. I know you've taught me alot over the years!

Love you little sis,
Toni