Sunday, May 11, 2008

"Leaving on a Jet Plane"

As we were getting the kids packed and having our last fun lunch at Mickey D's (at the request of Coach) on Wednesday I kept remembering that scene in that Bruce Willis movie, Armageddon, just before the men get onto the space shuttle and they all start singing to Bruce Willis' daughter, "Leave-in, on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again." They flew out Wednesday afternoon. I don't even know what city in California they went to. We're praying they end up somewhere safe. My heart's still breaking. Somehow I know that Coach and his baby brother will be alright, but I'm worried how Ma Bell will end up. I sent them with a letter for their new foster home and included our phone number. I wish that it weren't always so final when kids leave. We'll miss them a lot even though we didn't know them long.

1 comment:

I have a good life said...

How sad. You are such a blessing to them.