Monday, May 19, 2008

Feliz Dia de Madres!

Mother's Day was nice this year. I didn't get my usual breakfast in bed, but otherwise it was perfect. Daniel brought me flowers at church which he gave me between morning band rehearsal and first service. Danya and I matched somewhat. I was wearing the plaid slacks that my sister-in-law, Jennie, mailed to me a while back.

After church we went out for lunch at the new Old Chicago pizza restaurant that had only opened a few days earlier near our home. Then we went home to open presents. I got some new sleepwear including a pink night gown that says "Special Mom" on it. This year was unique because instead of just scrapbook supplies my family also gave me new music CDs of my favorite band "News Boys". We danced to those and had a silly afternoon. We also called our moms and my Aunt Kathy who is like a second mom to me. We had all the kids yell "Happy Mother's Day!" into the phone at once for each of them. It was a really good day.

No comments: