Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Movie Deprivation

Since we moved the t.v. out of the house about a week and a half ago, Daniel and I haven't missed it all that much. Once the carpet installation was done we decided not to move the entertainment center back in. The girls are feeling deprived.

We finally moved the t.v. in, but put it in Daniel's and my room. Since most days he sleeps in there, the girls and I can't watch t.v. or movies (which of course is part of our nefarious plot).

We hadn't actually been using it since it moved in, but last night that changed. We were going to go to a drive-in movie, but changed our minds because it started so late and we didn't want the kids up that far past their bedtime. So instead they got to rent a Strawberry Shortcake video and snuggle in bed with Daddy to watch it. I enjoyed the opportunity to have uninterrupted scrapbooking time to work on Kevin's baby album. We just got all my scrapbook stuff moved in yesterday afternoon.

I think making t.v./movie watching a special once-in-a-while treat is working out well. We get alot more accomplished during the day and I don't feel like my girls are becoming t.v. junkies.

No comments: