Saturday, April 22, 2006

Double Park-ing!

Daniel and the girls surprised me today. Daniel got home an hour early, and didn't wake me up. Instead, he and the girls got all their homeschooling done for the day by the time I woke up at 9 a.m.!!

So I got ready quickly, and we drove to Tulsa. We stopped at several garage sales on our way to a scrapbook store. I got some pretty new dresses for the girls for $3 total! While I looked around in Scrapbooks Galore N' More Daniel took the girls over to a little art shop next door. They brought me over to take a look, because the girls were pretty excited about it. They offer art classes for kids, including special classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays just for homeschoolers! The classes are $10 per kid for an hour and a half. We've been looking for an art class for Danya for some time now, and this one would let Gloria participate, too!

They also offer a week long summer camp. We've been considering a $200 two week drawing class at the Philbrook Museum for just Danya. This one is half the cost, and both girls can go! They would paint self portraits, make masks and pottery from clay on a real potter's wheel, paint a landscape with water colors, and more! It's from 1 to 4:30 pm, and it starts the week before Danya's birthday. She said, "I could show my cousins what I made when they come for my birthday party!" How can we argue with that?

After we left the art shop we had lunch and took the girls to LaFortune Park. Then later today, for dinner, the girls and I had a pizza and Pepsi picnic at a local park. The girls thought it was great that they got to go to two parks in one day!

No comments: