Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fingers and Toes

Don'tcha just love baby fingers and toes? Katie has absolutely irresistible little digits and of course cheeks that you just have to smooch on. The problem with this is that her siblings are drawn to get close to her face and give her kisses and touch her fingers, too.

Ordinarily that wouldn't be a problem. Currently, however, the kids are sick. Snow White has strep throat and, even though she's been on antibiotics since Tuesday night, it's still knocking her down hard. Kevin has a full blown case of the flu. We never bother with flu shots, so we're really hoping that his flu doesn't spread. I'm particularly concerned about Katie getting it, since she's so small. She already sounds raspy and is coughing and sneezing. Daniel and I are debating whether or not to take her to the doctor.

Daniel's mom and Christina and her kids all arrived today. Everyone's trying to avoid spreading germs, but with Hope getting sick last night on the way here, I'm thinking the odds are slim to none that this won't spread. Grandma Nancy is depending on long distance diagnosis and advice from Daniel's sister, Jennie, but I'm sure that's limited to the fact that she's in another state! I can't fault her, though. Daniel and I often consider Jennie to be our "1-800-dial a doc" line since she's a nurse practitioner. Well, I'm nodding off while typing, so I'll let this be my last post tonight.

No comments: