Friday, September 02, 2011

Spoon Bread

I decided to try a new recipe. Wait, did I just say that? Those words seem so foreign in my mouth. Well, okay, believe it or not, I do occasionally cook something new. I know my kids probably don't believe it, either, but it's true.

Quite by accident, I discovered that there are a LOT of videos on Youtube where people actually show, step by step, how to prepare food. This is one of those things that make me so thankful to live in the technological wonderland of today.

I made brown beans and spoon bread. The explanation for the name seems to be that the bread is soft in the pan that you could literally spoon it up to eat it. As far as I can tell, though, it's really just a sweet kind of corn bread. The kids loved it and begged me to make it again some time. No problem. I'll put it on my list for the next time I try another non standard recipe... How about December?

No comments: